Wednesday, August 19, 2009

LOVE - life changing product - dry shampoo

Washing your hair everyday is neither good for the environment or good for your hair. What is the point of getting fancy blond highlights if I am just going to dull my hair with over washing? That said - I have a lot of hair - it is both long and thick - and it is sometimes also just a pain to wash and blow dry. Honestly - I would not mind a bit of a shake-up - maybe cutting it just to my shoulders a la Heidi Klum's new cut?? I mean - I have had the same hair cut for at least the last 5 years...

Anyhoo - back to the no washing thing - I find that my hair looks and feels a ton better when I wash it every other day instead of every day. That being said - 2nd day hair lacks a bit of bounce and by the end of the 2nd day - there could be a case of what is technically known as "stink hair."

Fear not my friends - you no longer have to chose between healthy hair and fresh pretty smelling hair! Thanks to the glory of dry shampoo you can have both. I have tried many brands and forms of application and here are my three faves. Note photos to each shampoo are from top to bottom.

1. Oscar Blandi Pronto Dry Shampoo Powder -
pros - fantastic, smells like lemons - no, even better than lemons, smells like a lemon drop - citrusy and sweet and delicious. It also is the easiest to wash out of your hair because it blends so easily into your scalp and roots.

cons - it is messy - it is just a fine white powder that you smush into your roots and rustle around. But the powder is inconsistant and if you squeeze the bottle too hard you can poof a big burst of powder that takes forever to mush into your hair. You can put a little into your palms and add it gradually - but if there is one thing you have learned about me so far in this blog - I do not like to take the extra time to do things right if the fast way might work.

2. Oscar Blandi Pronto Dry Shampoo Spray -
pros - exactly the same cons as the powder but in a spray - so waaaay less chance of mess. Just spray and go. The smell is a little stronger on the spray too so it works especially well on extra stinky hair.

cons - The bottle mysteriously empties itself. this is a BIG con. You can use it just once or twice and then go back and find the can empty. Obviously this is the work of ghosts with 2nd day hair. Also - when you do get to the end of the can - the spray can be tacky and you can spray sticky powder onto your head - like old hairspray almost.

3. Klorane - Gentle Dry Shampoo -
Pros - It smells like almost nothing - light and fresh and yet does a fantastic job eliminating whatever it is that makes 2nd day hair not so lovely. The bottle is magically both a spray and not a spray - you squeeze it and a light mist of powder waves itself into your hair. It rarely junks up your head or leaves too much powder.
Cons - It just doesn't smell like lemon drops. Alas!

Best wishes for the best of hair days my friends.

B.L.E.

No comments: