Monday, March 15, 2010

sock it to me.

Having plowed through hats and mittens, scarves and baby blankets and three (yes three) dog sweaters recently - I want to try to knit some socks. I have always been afraid of socks but I think I am ready to take on the challenge. I know there are lots of sock patterns out there but I need some help finding one that fits the supplies I already have. This is because I really need to work through my ever growing stash of gorgeous yarn. Like Rumpelstitlken - I need to spin this straw into some gold (p.s. - nothing better than a mini-man with a fondness for shiny).

Ok so here are my requirements - 
1. uses doublepointed needles - preferably 3.25 mm
2. easy easy easy - this is my first dabbling with socks and I don't want to get scared away 
3. requires traditional sock weight yarn,  or thicker wool - this is what I have plenty to work with

Bring on the suggestions and wish me luck!

B.L.E.






2 comments:

lill4my said...

http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEwinter06/PATTmonkey.html

Very pretty, and much easier than they look!!!! Cookie makes some amazing socks and has a book out too (i'm knitting a pair of socks for my mom out of it right now.)

these are nice and easy too:
http://www.helloyarn.com/cabletwistsocks.htm

Are you on ravelry btw?! www.ravelry.com, go check it out! and "friend" me!:)

Beth Elastic Sandwich said...

Thanks! I'm going to give them a try this weekend. Wish me luck :-)