Thursday, January 13, 2011

A birthday delight.

I've always had a thing for hippos. It started when I was a kid and we would go to the local zoo. The hippos would spend the entire day in what accounts to a giant bathtub. People would wait patiently just for a glimpse of them. That's my kind of living - to lounge about in a pool or tub all day while my mere presence is eagerly anticipated.

This year for my birthday my sweet husband gave me the most enjoyable silly delight of a hippo. It's by the company Zuny - whose whimsical animals are most often seen in the nurseries of elite babies as bookends.

 I've decided to name him Horace. He currently resides under the lamp (getting a little sun) on the side table in the living room. He is luxuriously heavy and solid and quite the attention grabber.

One day we will have a budget and a house that might accommodate this hefty guy from Jonathon Adler. Don't let the photo fool you. This handsome hippo is actually a 33" long footstool.

I imagine him in my future library with the built in bookshelves and the fireplace. Wouldn't he fit in perfectly?


Cheers and Happy New Year!
B.L.E. 
 

No comments: